Sunday, April 07, 4047

I Heard the Google Gong

[Based on a google search for the string, "I heard * .", some of it in the .in domain. Compare with this poem, doing the same with lines specifically composed for the purpose. And an essay that, among other things, compares the two poems.]


I heard Shalini say, "Row one, hang up your coats."

I heard the voices of legendary poets as a teenager.

I heard footsteps approaching, and closed the shutter hastily.

I heard racism.

I heard bang, bang, bang.

I heard voices, loud voices, men's voices, laughter. Forgive me for saying that I hope and believe it was English laughter.

I heard fruits like grapes and oranges are fattening.

I heard nothing.

I heard rumors that she was a lesbian (personally, I don't think she is, what do you think)?

I heard that helium comes from the middle of the earth and it’s running out.

I heard Condoleezza say: "There are contacts between al-Qaeda and Hussein that can be documented."

I heard Yoweri Museveni. describe foreign aid as ‘a life-support system for brain-dead regimes’.

I heard Zainab crying: "Papa, Papa, I am cold, I am cold," before she went silent.

I heard Mr. Jenkins say. "Get that lift running. Those poor miners are trapped down there."

I heard a growly motor sound, and then some squeaky groaning noises.

I heard cicadas buzzing as if for the first time.

I heard bears are afraid of lights and music.

I heard screams, hoarse screams as if from utter terror.

I heard Bugha. -. say to them, “Villains! You are all dead men without escape; at least. die with honor.”

I heard carnatic music on the double bass.

I heard growly blues, reminiscent.

I heard, in between laboured breaths.

I heard ingenious arrangements, gorgeous background parts, and seamless audio engineering.

I heard Kahu's high treble voice shouting something to the sea, she was singing to the whale.

I heard moissanite could look just like a diamond.

I heard Asha's classic mod 60's number "Dum Maro Dum".

I Heard a Petey, Petey, Petey Bird Today. I never paid much attention to the voices of birds, but now I do.

I heard Shure SM 58 is a very good microphone and I suggested it to some people.

I heard Swami's enchanting voice. He was saying, "Take this Vibhuti Prasadam for three days, and everything will be alright.”

I heard that cash accounting cannot be certified by a Chartered Accountant.

I heard Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) saying, "We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection though the former nations were given the Holy Scriptures before us.”

I heard airtel 's speeds fluctuate ......esp if u dont use download managers.

I heard Daddy's footsteps coming up the stairs, and my heart began to beat faster.

I heard Narendra Modi boasting that his policemen killed a man in cold blood because they suspected he was a terrorist.

I thought I had heard wrong.

I heard Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, and I wasn't convinced with what all he said on the subject.

I heard from my telugu friends that he is an excellent teacher and a good-natured person.

I heard Azim Premji describe in a talk, the challenge of building a. world-class enterprise in India and the lessons that could be learnt.

I heard in IIT Bombay many of the suicides are guys from privileged sections who got in entirely through merit.

I heard they tend to need some work to feed reliably.

I heard TVS RTR 300cc is coming up, can I get photo of it?

I heard Sue's instruction through my aroused senses.

I heard Shannon's voice call out into the haze as I passed out from the blow that rained down on my head.

I heard Dawn moving around in the living room, so I dressed and kissed the fullness of its emerging light.

I heard this poem and I changed my mind as it says little time remains and this will also pass.

I heard it (my defeat).

I heard her footsteps coming near.

I heard her gasp in disbelief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard I like this poem...